- Story Ideas
- Send Corrections
Robesonia, PA—The 6th Annual Spirit of Christmas Trail, a “unique” shopping experience, will be held in Robesonia on Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 and 2, 2012 at five craft shops in the borough.
Tickets for this year’s event—featuring more than $500 in door prizes and a special discount—are $5. Ticket proceeds will benefit the non-profit Friends of the Robesonia Furnace (www.robesoniafurnace.org).
This year’s Trail participants are:
• A Wrinkle in Time, 6790 Penn Ave., 610-823-4846
• Lori’s Candy Station, 21 W. Penn Ave., 610-693-6441
• The Salt Box, 40 W. Penn Ave., 610-693-8084
• Robesonia Furnace Firehouse (three different artisans), 500 S. Freeman St.
• Robesonia Redware, 610-693-6451
• Handwerk Tin, 610-693-8187
• Furnace Creek Forge, 484-651-9402
• 1700 Historical Collectibles Log Homes, 618 W. Penn Ave., 610-693-5467
• Neil Haring, 610-589-4242, original paper cuttings.
• Janice Sonnen, 717-866-5094, fiber-hooked and penny rugs.
A ticket may be purchased at any of the five locations before or during the Trail. Participants will receive a discount of $5 for every $30 in purchases. They must have their ticket stamped at all five shops to be eligible for door prizes. Sale and consignment items are not included during the three days.
The Robesonia Furnace Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. It is in the southern section of Robesonia borough, along the banks of Furnace Creek, but no original buildings remain. The district is a good example of the early establishment of the iron industry in eastern Pennsylvania. The first furnace on the site of Robesonia was established in 1794, and the iron industry persisted there into the 20th century.
The Friends of the Robesonia Furnace was established in 1988 to preserve and disseminate information about the Robesonia area, with an emphasis on the furnace. The Friends attempts to emphasize the role that the local iron industry played in the growth of the area and encourage the preservation of the Furnace ruins.
The Friends of the Robesonia Furnace Inc. is funded through yearly dues from members, fund-raising projects such as the artisan shows also held during the Easter and Christmas seasons, and generous donations.
For more details on Robesonia’s 6th Annual Spirit of Christmas Trail, please contact any of the merchants above by telephone.