- Story Ideas
- Send Corrections
The following information was provided by AAA
PHILADELPHIA, PA – The mouse is king on AAA Mid-Atlantic’s website – Mickey Mouse, that is. The top search on the motor club’s site is Disney (including keywords “Disney”, “Disney World” and “Disney tickets”) – and with good reason, since AAA members enjoy special vacation packages and benefits for Disney resorts and cruises. Overall, seven of the top ten searches in 2012 were travel-related: Disney and other theme parks, international driving, car rental and maps.
Interestingly, the third most-popular search was for Roadwise, a brand new AAA product; the Roadwise device plugs into your vehicle’s diagnostic port, allowing you to monitor vehicle maintenance and driving performance. Rounding out the top ten searches were: locations (for finding a local AAA store) and EZ-Pass (a money-saving motivation, perhaps, since EZ-pass users pay lower tolls than cash tollpayers do).
Though AAA is probably most-known for its roadside assistance, it’s clear that travel is tops on the web. Here are the top ten searches for 2012 on AAA Mid-Atlantic’s website, which is AAA.com.
1. Disney – http://www.aaa.com/Disney The AAA Disney Alliance provides members with an array of unique benefits and special vacation packages for Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, and Disney Cruise Line.
2. Six Flags – http://www.aaa.com/sixflags Discounted tickets available to AAA members.
3. Roadwise – http://www.aaa.com/roadwise Roadwise is a new program for members of AAA Mid-Atlantic. A simple device easily plugs into your vehicle’s on-board diagnostic port and sends vehicle performance and driving style information through a wireless cellular connection.
4. Hershey Park - http://www.aaa.com/attractions Discounted tickets available to AAA members.
5. International Drivers License – http://www.aaa.com/travel International Driving Permits are available at most AAA offices, which can also help members obtain passports and visas.
6. Car Rental - http://www.aaa.com/Hertz AAA members receive exclusive discounts and benefits on Hertz car rentals worldwide.
7. Maps – http://www.aaa.com/maps Access AAA’s online TripTik, view/order TourBooks, find discounted GPS devices, and download the free AAA mobile app.
8. Busch Gardens - http://www.aaa.com/attractions Discounted tickets available to AAA members.
9. Locations – http://www.aaa.com (click “local store” link along the top) Local AAA stores offer travel services, insurance, merchandise, membership and more – also, full-service Car Care and repair at select locations including Wayne and Clifton Heights, PA.
10. EZ-Pass – http://www.aaa.com/ezpass Pennsylvania or Delaware EZ-Pass transponder kits available at your local AAA store, or online. Starter kit includes transponder, $35 in prepaid tolls, and administrative fees (discounted for AAA members).
AAA is the largest full service leisure travel organization in North America, and its members account for 39 percent of all U.S. overnight hotel business ($38 billion annually). AAA offers a wide range of other services and discounts, including the club’s first two Car Care, Insurance and Travel (CCIT) centers which offer car repair services in Pennsylvania, in Wayne, Chester County and Clifton Heights, Delaware County.
AAA Mid-Atlantic serves nearly 700,000 members in the Philadelphia (5-county) region and nearly four million members in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, with personal insurance, financial, automotive and travel services through 53 retail branches, regional operations centers and the internet, at aaa.com/community